DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS (00652)
OFFIE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATION DIVISION
The Deputy Director of Programs, within the Programs Section, will oversee and manage program coordination staff; oversee new and existing grants as needed; and manage the compliance for the various programs. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Outreach.
Work Tasks and Duties:
- Manage and oversee the program coordination staff who implement the various programs of the OAG, including the Sexual Assault Kit Initiative, Virginia Rules Program, Victim Notification Program, Human Trafficking Task Force, TRIAD, Address Confidentiality Program, and V-Stop.
- Meet regularly with the program coordinators to discuss grant opportunities and grant progress. Provide training on changes to federal and state regulations, update grant spending plans and address any issues with the implementation of grants.
- Assist with program execution for various projects, outreach, public safety programs, and special events. Assist as needed with training and program implementation of new grants.
- Research funding opportunities aligned with current OAG public safety and victim services programming and other identified programmatic priorities as directed by the Director of Programs and Outreach and Executive team. Meet with the Director regularly to report on the state of programs and grants.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the grantor community and its constituents to the benefit of the OAG. Conduct research to identify funding sources whose priorities match the OAG’s program needs. Obtain information regarding submission of grants (e.g., deadlines, requirements and specifications, appropriate formats, required reports).
- Research and plan grant proposals in coordination with the organization’s overall development efforts. Write, edit, present, and submit grant proposals accurately and in a timely manner in conjunction with Director and program coordinators.
- Verify that all progress reports are completed and submitted timely and accurately; submit final accounting and certifications of financial/program performance to grantors in accordance with their specifications and requirements; and assist grant program coordinators with execution and compliance of programs.
- Maintain a comprehensive matrix to detail grant opportunities, program outcomes and activities; gather information from OAG personnel and public sources to complete grant requests and prepare reports for the Director.
- Prepare correspondence and respond to inquiries both orally and in writing to federal and local law enforcement agencies. Serve as the point of contact for state and federal grant programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage approximately 10-15 program coordination staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly assimilate oral and written data, to analyze facts, and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with other staff as well as effective working relationships with government officials, community stakeholders and the general public
- Computer literacy to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, data management systems, including federal and state reporting systems such as OGMS, JustGrants, and ASAP.
Preferred qualifications include graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Government, Public or Business Administration or a related field (or equivalent experience) and considerable (5+ years) experience in law enforcement, public administration, or federal and state grant program compliance and administration.
SALARY: Starting salary commensurate with relevant experience and education.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.Veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. This position is open until filled.