SEXUAL ASSAULT KIT TESTING PROJECT MANAGER (00452)
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATION DIVISION
The Office of the Attorney General is seeking a project manager to join the Executive and Administration Division. We offer the challenge and opportunity of public service, work-life balance, and an attractive compensation package inclusive of paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/life insurance, retirement, and more.
- Write all grant reports, work with grant monitors, ensure compliance with the grant requirements, and manage grant budget
- Track statistical data required for grant reporting
- Coordinate with the Department of Forensic Science to ensure that kits are managed, tracked, and tested in accordance with forensic best practices
- Oversee grant contracts to ensure compliance with the Commonwealth’s procurement rules and forensic best practices in kit testing; manage relationships with contractors
- Implement and coordinate a statewide steering committee appointed by the Attorney General for the project
- Coordinate, provide assistance, and facilitate communication between the Department of Forensic Science, the testing facility, and localities regarding all aspects of PERK submission, testing, and reporting of results
- Develop and provide training and technical assistance to localities and statewide entities on project goals and objectives, including best practices in investigation, prosecution, and victim notification
- Reach out and network with local, state, and national professionals to develop and build relationships pertinent to the project
- Serve on committees and task groups as appropriate
- Provide project data and technical expertise related to the project to the Attorney General, Programs and Outreach Director, and Director of Communications
- Develop public awareness and other materials for use by a variety of audiences
- Assist Advocate and Investigator to plan and implement local and statewide training events
- Develop and implement process for measuring project goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should have demonstrated computer proficiency with word processing (Microsoft products preferred). Criminal background check will be completed on successful candidate.
PREFEERD QUALIFICATONS: It is preferred that applicants possess a related undergraduate degree or commensurate experience. A Juris Doctor degree is preferred with an emphasis on special victims.
SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Application materials should include a discussion of all relevant experience, résumé, and cover letter. Veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. This position is open until filled.