Tobacco Regulation and Enforcement
- Virginia Tobacco Escrow Statutes: Va. Code §§3.2-4200-3.2-4201
- Virginia Complimentary Legislation: Va. Code §3.2-4204 et seq.
- Virginia Cigarette Tax: Va. Code §58.1000 et seq. for additional information regarding this legislation and related regulatory processes, contact the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- Fire Standard Compliant cigarette legislation: Va. Code §§59.1-293.1 et seq. for additional information regarding this legislation and related regulatory processes, contact the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- FDA Regulation of Tobacco
- Roll Your Own Vending Machines
- Contraband Cigarettes
- Fire Standard Compliance Sell Through
- Obtaining Stamping Agent Information from the OAG
*Notice to manufacturers regarding 2013 certification process.
- Participating Tobacco Product Manufacturer Requirements and Resources
- Non-Participating Tobacco Product Manufacturer Requirements and Resources
You must review the Directory frequently to ensure that the tobacco products you stamp, sell, and/or import are listed and should refer to Va. Code §3.2-4207 and Va. Code §3.2-4212 for information concerning the prohibition against the stamping, sale and/or import of tobacco products not listed in the Virginia Tobacco Directory.
Forms for Cigarette Delivery Sellers:
- AG-3 Registration Form for Persons and Entities Making Delivery Sales of Cigarettes
- AG-4 Cigarette Delivery Sellers Monthly Report and Continuation Form
Office of the Attorney General
Tobacco Enforcement Unit
900 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Phone: (804) 786-0148
Virginia Department of Taxation
Web site: www.tax.virginia.gov