A unique opportunity exists to work in the Virginia Office of the Attorney General, Information Systems Section of the Administration Division. We offer the challenge and opportunity of public service, work-life balance, and an attractive compensation package inclusive of paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/life insurance, retirement and more.
SR. APPLICATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECTION
DUTIES: Under direct supervision of the Director of Information Systems, the Sr. Application Systems Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining modern, fast and stable web-based applications which service day to day operations in various departments in the OAG. This position will lead the technical design, development, modification and implementation of web applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. This position will develop and maintain existing web applications as well as design and implement new web applications. The candidate will also be responsible for the majority of Microsoft SharePoint (development and maintenance) duties. Other duties of the position include the following:
- Develop data models and stored procedures using MSSQL 2008 R2 and T-SQL
- Maintain version control system (Team Foundation Server) for both software and SQL Server objects
- Test software using unit tests, Moq, and scripted UI tests
- Update existing software to fix bugs and improve usability based upon user feedback and developer experience
- SharePoint 2010 and 2013 workflow programming
- Update public website and web applications
- Research costs for new equipment and software related to application development.
- Assist with Help Desk requests as appropriate
- Create software to assist various division to produce more efficient workflow
- Continue personal development and education to remain informed of current industry development and technologies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Candidates must either be a U.S. citizen, possess a U.S. Work Permit or have Permanent Residency.
TO APPLY: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.virginia.gov. Application materials should include a discussion of all relevant experience, and a résumé. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER